Saturday, May 2, 2015

Weekend Project #6 DIY Spring Canvas Art


I am so excited to be sharing this! I had a sudden urge to paint a spring themed canvas and I'm really proud of how it turned out! I thought I share a little tutorial so you can try it out too. I think this will really brighten up and room and any mood. If you try it out, let me know, as I'd love to see recreations.


 You only need a blank canvas, paints of your choice and a few brushes.


 I started by choosing 3 blue paints and creating an ombre background for the floral design. I think the blue really makes the floral pop, and adds a ton of extra color. You could leave it like this and it would look great too. You can really stop and any of the steps and it would look  just as amazing. I just wanted to go for extra detail. 


 These were the paints I used if you were wondering!


 Next I took a white paint and just free handed some flowers. No matter what. I think it will turn out great. Even if you don't thin you're artsy (I'm definitely not that skilled) whatever you paint will have personality. Even if you think you messed up, keep going it will all turn out in the end! Again, leaving it like this would be beautiful!



 I used white underneath so that the colors would pop. Then I went in with some super bright shades to fill in all but 2 of the flowers, as I wanted a couple of daisy-like flowers.


 Of course, I had to add the yellow center to the daisies.


 To add a bit of dimension, I mixed up some of the shades so I had the same color in a darker shade. I went in and did a bit of "shading" on the flowers.



 Finally, I filled in the centers with various colors, alternating the order, and added some brown spots.



I really love the finished look! It didn't turn out as I expected, but I think I prefer it that way.

I hope this gives you a little something to do this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment