Sunday, August 17, 2014

Revlon Colorstay Aqua Mineral Makeup ~ First Impression



My friend actually gave this powder to me as she had 2 of them. She got some gift bag set from the drugstore and it had 2 of these inside. She said she didn't like it so she gave me one to try! It's a very unique product and something I would never pick up on my own.


I do like the packaging even though it is a bit bulky. It comes with its own little brush which slides out and clicks into place.


The brush is surprisingly soft as most free brushes are rough. It's not the typical brush I would use for powder but it does its job.






This was actually the first loose face powder I've ever tried. It's a bit messy but fairly easy to contain if you're careful. When you apply it, it almost feels as if you've just wet your brush. it gives a cooling sensation that doesn't last. it's very shear and has little to no coverage. There are shimmery particles throughout the powder which add a glowy dimension to it. I have oily skin so that doesn't really help. I found it doesn't last very long. After an hour or two and notice oiliness peeking through the powder. This didn't work out for me but it could be alright as an under-eye setting powder. 


 Lasting power: 6/10
Coverage: 5/10
Price: I've been looking online and seeing prices from $5 to $16! If not on sale, this stuff's pricey! 5/10
Packaging: 7.5/10 Brush is a plus, too much product comes out though.
Blendability: 7/10
Mattifying: 6/10
Would I repurchase?: nope
Would I recommend?: maybe if you have dry skin!
Overall: 6/10 just not for me :)

There's just too much shimmer and it lays on top of your skin with no coverage. It's not for me but everyone's different!
I am thankful for receiving this from a friend and will continue to try to make it work. That's about it! 
Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment