Friday, December 13, 2013

Blogmas 2013: Day 13! NYX Loose Pearl Eyeshadow (pigment) Review

Hey!
Today I wanted to do a review on something I posted about a long time ago, the NYX  Loose Pearl Eyeshadows!
You can check that out here!
I've been using these pigments (or loose eyeshadows) for almost a year now, and I don't know why I haven't reviewed them yet!

These retail for around $2.99 and contain 0.06 fl. oz. Compared to a MAC pigment which has 0.26 fl. oz. I think The size of the Nyx pigments is perfect. I don't use pigments every day so I would never use up anything bigger than this. There are a few different types of these. I have Ultra Pearl Manias and Glitter Manias. I prefer the pearl finish. The product is way less messy, and easier to apply.
Left: Ultra Pearl Mania. Right: Glitter Mania.
These can be messy to work with and I find the best way to use them is dip a brush in and tap it off (a lot) on the inside of the lid. I also love dipping the brush in water and then applying it because it makes it last longer and gives it an eyeliner effect. 
 Left to right: Mocha Pearl, Silver Pearl, White Pearl, Pearl, Jade Pearl, Disco Ball, Hot Pink.
As you can see, the glitters don't show up as well as the pearl finishes. The glitter needs to be built up or used with water or some sort of makeup setting product.
My favorite shade is Jade Pearl. I love adding a pop of color to a boring eye-look!
These shadows are super blend-able and build-able. They're also super pigmented hence the term pigments ! ;) They pack on a lot of color, which is great if that's what you're looking for.
I hope this reveiw helps, and thanks for reading!
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment