Saturday, March 28, 2015

Weekend Project #5 DIY Jewelry dish


I have had so much fun with my Weekend Projects in the past, I just had to do another one! This week's project is a DIY Jewelry Dish.It's really chic and customizable to match any bedroom. It's super simple to make so I would definitely recommend trying it out! It's not just for jewelry, you could store anything you'd like in it!
Enjoy :)
 
 
 
 Some supplies you will need are:

-A bowl or dish (I found mine at the grocery store)
-Rubbing alcohol (for best paint adhering) 
-Paint of your chosen colors
-Paint brushes
-Varnish (optional)
-Washi tape &/or anything else to decorate (optional)
 
 
 I had this bowl lying around for quite a while and it seemed so boring. I decided to jazz it up a bit with some paint! You can really use any dish you'd like. 
First, I quickly wiped down the bowl with rubbing alcohol, to make sure the paint would stick.
 
 
I then went in with a gold acrylic paint. Don't worry if it looks awful on the first coat. I think mine took about 4 or 5 coats to get to my desired opacity.


Once the outside had dried, I moved onto the inside. For the inner portion of the bowl, I chose a pale pink acrylic paint.  This one took about 2 to 3 coats.
Since this paint has a matte finish, I went over it with a varnish to give a glossy shine. This step is optional, but I think it really pulls the whole thing together.




And that's it! If you'd like, you can decorate it with anything else but I decided to keep it plain. This is a great organizing piece for any room.

That's all for this DIY, have an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment