Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Flower Beauty BB Cream ~ Review


 Flower Beauty recently made it's way to Canadian Walmart and I was so excited! I hadn't really gotten a chance to try anything out until my mom let me have this BB cream since it wasn't her shade. (BB1) I was super excited to try this out and I ended up really loving it! 

First of all, the packaging in gorgeous! I love the sleekness and the rose gold accents. I'm definitely a sucker for cute packaging. It also makes it super easy to get the product out of the tube.

When I first used it I was shocked at the texture. It was super thick (even thicker than any foundation I'd ever used). I assumed it would be thinner like most BB creams. Since it is so thick, I find it easiest to apply with a wet sponge for a more even application. I found using a brush or my fingers only dragged the product around rather than blending it in.

Once I do get it all blended, the coverage is amazing! It covered every bit of redness and discoloration I have. Only my largest spots slightly peeked through. I would say this has better coverage than my $40 Benefit foundation!

The BB cream lasted a fair bit of time. Makeup never really lasts super long on my oily face but this held up fairly well. I'd say I got a good 4-5 hours of wear before it was noticeably wearing off.

This wasn't as moisturizing as most BB creams I've tried however it isn't drying either. It also doesn't contain SPF (That I know of) which is a major downside especially for the Summer.


Overall:

Coverage: 8.5/10
Lasting power: 8/10
Packaging: 10/10
Would I repurchase?: Quite possibly
Would I recommend?: Yes!
Overall: 8.5/10

I think this is great for wearing in the Winter. Maybe not so much in the summer due to lack of SPF.
If I were to wear this out in the sun I would definitely make sure to add some sunscreen underneath.
Hope this review was helpful, enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment