Monday, March 2, 2015

Tarte Bon Boyage Collectors Set ~ Review


I have been waiting to share this review for what feels like ages. For large gift sets like this, I like to take my time trying out the products so that I can share my full feelings on them. I received this as a Christmas gift and was ecstatic the moment I opened it. I had been eying it for a while and I couldn't be happier with it. It comes with 2 full sized products, 4 samples, an eyeshadow palette and a makeup bag! The amount of stuff in this set is insane! I know this set is no longer available however all of the products (minus this exact palette) are available. This is going to be a long one so get comfy!




The packaging of the whole things is absolutely stunning. the gold, lavender and pale blue compliment each other perfectly.

Full-sized LipSurgence Lip Tint (romantic), Full-sized LipSurgence Lip Gloss (Visionary), Mini Lights , camera, lashes mascara, Mini Cheek Stain (Muse), Mini Maracuja oil, Mini Smooth Operator finishing powder



 I found the LipSurgence Lip Tint to be super moisturizing! It applied as smoothly as a lip balm and felt like one too. I was surprised to see the pigmentation of a lipstick with the texture of a balm. After a while of wearing it, the softness went away and I was left with stained lips. So the color lasted fairly long but the moisture did not. I really liked this product! 
9/10


Left: Lip tint, Right: Lip Gloss


 The gloss was alright. It barely lasted an hour on my lips. It was very difficult to apply due to the indent in the applicator. I wasn't able to get much product on my lips with each swipe. The gloss smelled nice and I liked the color but that's about it.
7/10

 

 I loved the mascara! It gave a ton of volume and length. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of my lashes. It separated them perfectly while still adding so much volume. I would definitely consider purchasing the full-size.
9/10



 I don't wear blush since my cheeks are already so red (not a nice red however) but I found this cheek stain quite wearable. It's not your typical pink or red, it's more of a shimmery mauve/peach shade. It's a bit difficult to blend out and a little goes a long way. It looks very natural and draws light to my cheekbones.
8/10




 I haven't really seen any super special results with this oil. I apply it to my face once a week on my spa night. It's okay but I haven't noticed much skin difference. I will definitely continue to use it though.
6/10



I really loved this powder. I'm not usually a fan of loose powder but this worked wonders. I've been using it under my eyes and it makes my skin so smooth and soft. It looks flawless and airbrushed on my skin. I would definitely repurchase this!
9.5/10


 From Left to right, top to bottom: Palace of Versaille, Moulin Rouge, I think I Cannes, my own Cotes du Rhone, boudoir noir, fall in Louvre, Provence upon a time, Eiffel for you, too haute to handle, Bastille in the night, Chantilly Lace, merci you later, no Champagne no gain, take on Bordeaux, French Riviera, c'est la vie, Marseille the word, play Nice, on a good Notre Dame, Le Cordon Bleu

These eyeshdaows were great! They are so pigmented and the colors are amazing. They are msotly matte shades which create the most beautiful looks. Each row can be made into a different eyelook or ou can mix and match. The shadows make blending so easy. My Favorite shades are Moulin Rouge (2nd shade 1st row), I think I Cannes (3rd shade 1st row), Eiffel for you (3rd shade 2nd row), c'est la vie (1st shade, 4th row).
9/10



Overall I would give this set a 9/10. I absolutely love it and can see myself using all of the products for a long time. I would love to try some more Tarte products in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment