Tuesday, November 25, 2014

DIY Santa's beard advent calendar


I feel like the excitement leading up to Christmas is the best part above it. Advent calendars are a fun way to countdown the days till Christmas. I saw many neat ideas while searching Pinterest and this one is one of my favorites! I obviously cannot take any credit for the idea as I found it on Pinterest. However the link I followed led to nothing so I decided to create my own tutorial. Afterwords I ended up finding the site this idea I believe originated from. Here's the original pin that I had found. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!


The main things you'll need for this are some white card stock, black and red markers, scissors, a pencil, a ruler and some glue as well!


I decided on creating to very top of his beard, 2 inches wide.


Down from that, draw the beard shape joining at the bottom with a 1 inch wide horizontal line. It's almost like the shape of a vase.

Cut out the shape, don't worry about the pencil lines since you can erase them or work of the other side.


 Since the countdown is 24 days until Christmas, starting December 1st, measure 24 cm from top to bottom and make each line 1 cm tall.


Draw each horizontal line using a ruler.


Go over the lines with a thin sharpie so they stand out a bit more. Don't forget to add the numbers starting with 1 at the top and 24 at the bottom!


Trace the top to create his face, and round the top a bit as well. 


Cut out a triangle, a small circle, and a long oval to create the Santa hat.

 
Paint or draw a small, horizontal oval on the center of the face.


 Add some eyes to the face, color the triangle red, cut out a mustache as well as a red nose and your good!


Glue it all together and you've got you're Santa Claus advent calender. Cut of a strip each day to countdown to Christmas!


I really like the way this turned out! It's so cute and a great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment