Saturday, June 21, 2014

Nautical Makeup Tutorial!

Hello Everyone!
Today I thought I'd step out of the box and post a makeup tutorial! I'm not the absolute best at makeup, but I really enjoy fooling around with different looks. Today's look is nautical themed which would also be perfect for 4th of July since it incorporates red, white and blue! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this nautical tutorial! :)

The eye makeup isn't too dramatic because I prefer a more wearable look but if you'd like to make it a little more bold, go for it!



Starting with a matte white or cream shadow, I applied that all over the lid, on the brow-bone and also on the inner corner. This works as a base for the other shadows as well as adds some brightness in the inner corner. This particular shadow is from a NYX trio.



Next I lightly blended Urban Decay's Tease (or any matte brown) into the crease just to add a bit of definition.


I then added a bit of a navy shadow into the crease and outer corner. The shadow I used wasn't very pigmented, so it's just a light wash of color.



I wanted it a little bit more vibrant so I sprayed my brush with MAC Fix+ and applied more of the blue color in the outer "V". This palette doesn't have a brand I believe I just picked it up at a drugstore.


I added a tiny bit of black and blended everything together with a clean blending brush.


I decided to go for some winged eyeliner to tie the whole look together. I used Maybelline's Master Precise Felt Tip liner for this.


I also tight lined with the elf black eyeliner and lined my waterline with my Rimmel Scandal Eyes pencil in Nude.


Of course I had to top it off with some mascara! Lancome Hypnose Drama is my current fave!





To keep with the nautical theme, I opted for a bright red lip! I applied this with a lip brush for a cleaner look.





I used my wet n wild lipstick in stop light red!

That's all for my nautical, summer makeup tutorial! I hope this was helpful!
Bye! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment