Saturday, June 20, 2015

DIY Starbucks Iced Green Tea Latte


I've been having a ton of fun trying out drink recipes for these DIY Starbucks posts! This week's beverage of choice is the Iced Green Tea Latte. This is a bit of a different drink that you either love or hate. I personally love it. It's the perfect "in between" of a coffee drink or a tea, if you're searching for something a bit different.
The Starbucks grande drink comes to a total 290-350 calories (depending on your milk) while the homemade version is only around 196 (Depending on milk and amount of syrup)! I think it tastes just as good if not better than Starbucks and it will save you a bit of money and calories.
If you would prefer to take the easy route, I have also tried the Tazo green tea latte concentrate of this that you can shake with milk and ice to create an almost identical drink. I've found these drink bases at many grocery stores but they are a bit pricy.
Anyways, on with the recipe!


You are going to need only 4 ingredients:

- 1 cup milk of your choice (I used 1%)
- Starbucks vanilla syrup (however much for your desired sweetness)
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- Ice


I purchased my vanilla syrup right from Starbucks! I love it, it works for so many drinks. My matcha powder is from David's Tea but I've seen it many places. I ended up using about 1-2 tbsp of the syrup since the pump wasn't working quite as it should.


For a super smooth drink with no matcha clumps, try sifting it with a fine tea strainer.

To assemble the drink, add all of the ingredients into a shaker, shake it up, pour and enjoy!


This is quite a frothy drink since you shake up the milk quite a bit.


That's about it, enjoy!
xx

2 comments:

  1. Looks tasty. I like the extra step of straining the drink. Yum. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks tasty. I like the extra step of straining the drink. Yum. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete