Saturday, February 7, 2015

Weekend Project #4 DIY Heart canvas


I wasn't really planning on doing a Valentine's Day themed post this year. I didn't really want to do food again, since I did that last year. However, I stumbled upon this DIY canvas on Pinterest and knew I had to make it! This isn't only perfect for Valentine's Day, you could have it up year round. It's so simple and fun to make!


Materials:

Canvas of choice size
Various sized branches
Paint brushes
Paint of choice
Hot glue gun & glue


1. Paint your canvas your color of choice! I chose this pale pink paint by craft smart.

2. Cut your twigs according to the shape. I did a heart, but you could really do any shape!

3. When the canvas is completely dry, glue down the twigs in your desired shape with the hot glue.

5. Let it dry and you're done!

6. I chose to paint the edges as well, as I find it looks a bit cleaner.


I love the 3D look of this canvas!

Alright, That's about it. I hope you try this out & let me know if you do! :)

1 comment: