Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My favorite healthy recipes


Recently, I've started eating a lot healthier. I try not to limit myself to only super healthy foods, but for the most part I like to choose healthier options. Don't get me wrong, I love to indulge once in a while, or maybe a little more often. I really enjoying searching the internet for super yummy, healthy recipes. I've tried out a ton and thought I'd share my favorites. I actually really enjoy all of the recipes and don't just eat them because they're healthy. Also, they aren't all super healthy, however they are healthier alternatives to more processed foods. These photos aren't the best, since didn't expect to be sharing them, but I decided to share anyways. Enjoy!

Cauliflower Crust Pizza


This is one of my favorites! It's a nice change from super high-carb pizza dough. It tastes just as great and is super customizable!

The recipe I like to use is: Paula Deen's Cauliflower Crust Pizza

One step I like to add, that I find is essential, is squeezing out the excess water. After the cauliflower has cooled from the microwave, I like to transfer it into a dish towel, and squeeze out as much water as possible. This leads to a crispier, firmer crust.

Roasted Zucchini, Carrots, & Cauliflower


Can you tell I love cauliflower? This is one of my favorite side dishes for a meal. These veggies are so flavorful and filing!
I basically followed a ton of different recipes for this, since roasted veggies are fairly straightforward.

1. Preheat the oven to around 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop up your desired vegetables into desired size and shape.
3. Toss the chopped vegetables in enough olive oil to cover as well as salt, pepper and any other preferred spices (I LOVE roasted garlic and red peppers).
4. Roast on a baking sheet for about 30 minutes (tossing 1/2 way through) or until cooked and browned.

Banana Pancakes


 I adapted this recipe from the typical 2 ingredient pancakes. I decided to spice them up a bit and add a few more ingredients. These pancakes are great for the weekend mornings.

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
2 eggs
1/4 cup oats
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon

1. Blend the oats alone in the belnder. Once blended, add the remaining ingredients.
2. Pour batter on a greased skillet over medium/high heat. Flip cooked pancakes and repeat!

Homemade Popcorn


This homemade popcorn is 10 times better than anything you can get at the store.

I actually have an air popper (pop your kernels any way you'd like) so I used that to pop the popcorn. Then toss it with about 2-3 tbsp of melted butter and sprinkle of salt! No exact recipe here, just have fun with it!

PB & B Toast


This is my favorite midnight snack ever! It satisfies every craving.

Spread natural peanut butter on whole wheat toast and top with 1/2 of a banana, sliced. Again, no real recipe but I had to share!

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins


These muffins are so good you'll question their nutritional value!

I found the recipe from: Chelsea's Messy Apron

These were so delicious and fluffy! The recipe says not to use muffin liners, however I sprayed my muffin liners with nonstick spray and it worked just fine!

Individual Baked Oatmeal


This baked oatmeal is perfect for busy mornings or quick snacks.

I found the recipe on: The Wholesome Dish

My favorite toppings to add to this were chocolate chips and dried cranberries. I also used coconut chips, but those soon become mushy and un-enjoyable.

Whole Wheat Chocolate Cream Cheese Muffins


These whole wheat muffins are perfectly decadent for a light dessert. 

I found the recipe from: WholeYum

I decided to switch out half of the whole wheat flour for oat flour (Blended oats). These were so amazing!

Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins


I realized a never took a photo of the actual muffins, just the ingredients. These were perfect for popping in the freezer, and taking for a snack when needed.

I found the recipe on: Running With Spoons

I would make these again in a heartbeat!

Healthy Mounds

 
These are a definite favorite in my house, They are gone so fast!

I got the recipe from: Marin Mama Cooks

I don't have a food processor, so I switched it up a bit. I used mostly fine coconut and only a little bit of shredded coconut. I also used a bit  more chocolate ;) They worked fine for me!

That wraps up my favorite healthy recipes of the moment. I've had a lot of time off lately, so I decided to binge bake! Is that a thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment