Monday, February 2, 2015

Maybelline The Falsies Flared ~ Review


I have been meaning to review this for quite some time now. I've always heard good things about this mascara, however whenever I buy mascara, it always slips my mind. One of my friends gave this to me for Christmas and I was so excited to finally try it and I'm so glad I did. I believe this mascara is only around $6 at the drugstore, so it's very affordable. 


I can definitely see this becoming my new favorite mascara. I can honestly say I love it as much as Lancome's Hypnose Drama which I love to death! I'm not very willing to shell out $30 for a mascara that will maybe last me 3 months so finding a great drugstore mascara is a steal!


As you can see, the brush is slightly curved, making it easy to apply the mascara to all of the lashes. With one coat, I noticed lots of length, separation and slight volume. Two coats definitely pumped up the volume a ton and with three coats, my lashes were super dramatic. For everyday wear, I usually go for two coats. I prefer to wiggle the brush through my lashes to prevent clumping and promote separation. This mascara also wears really well. When I apply in the morning, it looks great. By the end of the day it's not perfect, but it's close. It never smudged on me but most mascaras don't. The mascara is slightly difficult to remove, but not too much of a struggle. I've tried mascara harder to remove.


Okay, I have a lot to say about this photo. First of all, I'm not 100% sure I'm wearing the Falsies mascara in this photo. Since I forgot to take a photo of my lashes for this post, I went back to see if I had any. I take a ton of photos but this was the one that looks most similar to my lashes in the Falsies. Second, this was before I got my brows waxed, hence the cropping. Third, my eyes look kind of weird. The photo is on an angle making it look messed up. I so wish I had gotten a photo of my lashes! Anyways, this is what my lashes usually look like in this mascara.


OVERALL:

Price: 9/10
Volume: 9/10
Length: 9/10
Wear: 9/10
Removal: 7/10
Would I repurchase?: YES
Would I recommend?: For sure!
Overall: 9/10

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment