Sunday, February 22, 2015

Smashbox Try it Kit ~ Review


 I've still got a ton of Christmas reviews coming! I've been wanting to make sure to completely try everything out so that I'm sure with my opinions. I've been trying the Smashbox Try it Kit for a while now and I'm finally ready to review it! I received this for Christmas last December and I've been using it ever since. It's a little gift set with 5 different Smashbox best sellers sample products.


 First off, the photo finish lid primer. This isn't my favorite eye primer, but it worked fairly well! It's slightly colored and yellow toned so it cancels out any discoloration. It's a little bit thick but it blends out nicely. After a few hours of wear, the eyeshadows I had put on still looked the same. By the end of the day, the shadows hadn't creased however they were slightly less vibrant. Overall I'd say this primer did a pretty good job of keeping my eyeshadow on and I'd give it an 8/10.



 I absolutely loved the photo finish foundation primer. I never really used face primer before this and I always had issues with my makeup wearing off. A little goes a long way with this products. It feels like a silicon formula and is makes my skin so smoothly. After a fee hours my foundation still looked great and by the end of the day, I had slight wear under my eyes and around my nose. That's way better than my normal wear all over my face. I would definitely consider repurchasing this. Overall I'd give it a 9/10!



 I'd never even heard of their limitless eye liner. I was pleasantly surprised with this. I don't really ear eyeliner all that often but I really didn't mind trying this out. It lasted really well on my tightline which is rare for me! I also tried it out by lining my eyes normally and it smudged and faded slightly but it wasn't too noticeable. I'd give this liner a 7.5/10




 The kit also came with a mini lip gloss in the shade Illume. I was surprised that I liked this since I'm not usually drawn to shimmery lip glosses. This gloss adds a great highlight to the center of a solid lip shade. it didn't last too long but not many glosses ever do on me. In the end, I'd give this gloss an 8/10.




 Lastly, like most sets, this set came with a mascara. I've tried a Smashbox mascara before and didn't mind it. This mascara doesn't give a ton of volume however it is easy to apply and it's buildable. the main thing I noticed about this mascara was that it added length. I don't think I'd repurchase this mascara but I will definitely continue to use it up! Overall, I'd give this a 7/10.


I really did enjoy this kit! It's great if you're looking to try some Smashbox products. I'm not sure if they sell this anymore since I checked the Sephora website and the kit seems to have been changed up a bit!. I still have seen this version of the kit in stores so grab it if you still can!

No comments:

Post a Comment