Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sephora Free Make Up For Ever Birthday Gift Set Review!

I recently picked up this MUFE gift set at Sephora for free! If you're a beauty insider, you can receive the free birthday gift 2 weeks before or after your birthday. It's a super easy (and free!) way to try some new high end products. Of course I had to take up the offer because, I mean, it's free! I've been trying it out and I'm ready to review!



 The set comes with a mini mascara and a mini lipstick both by Make Up For Ever. They are fairly good sized samples and the packaging is nice and sleek.



The mascara is called Smoky Extravagant and the full size is $28. I found the mascara formula to be quite dry . The brush is very large but I do like the shape. It's similar to the Maybelline Great Lash lots of lashes, although the bristles on this brush aren't plastic. To be honest, I didn't really like this mascara. It didn't give much volume at all, it mainly added length and clumped up a bit. If I added a little too much mascara, my lashes would clump together which I didn't like. The mascara also didn't set very well, and it stayed very flimsy on my lashes. I prefer my mascara to set or "harden". It was also fairly difficult to remove with a makeup wipe.
Overall, I wouldn't purchase the full size of this mascara. I preferred Benefit's They're Real from last year's free birthday gift!





The lipstick was nice. It was creamy and smooth but the color wasn't for me. My skin is so pale and the brownish-red showed up very dark on me. It felt great on my lips and I would possibly try a full size in a different color. It does transfer, but that's not a super big deal to me. It's also not matte so I did expect it to transfer.


That's all for my review. I am thankful that I did receive this for free and I'm sad that it didn't work out this time!
Thanks for reading, bye!




No comments:

Post a Comment