Friday, January 3, 2014

Best of 2013! (Movies, Books, Beauty etc...)

Welcome to my first post of 2014!
I'm going to be throwing it back all the way to last year (see what I did there?) and talking about my 2013 favorites!
MOVIES:
I loved The Mortal Instruments City of Bones movie. I didn't have the chance to read the books before the movie,which I was disappointment about but I thought the movie was a great action packed fantasy.
I'm not usually one for horror, but I absolutely loved The Conjuring. It was super thrilling and what scares me is that it's based on a true story.
And of course, I have to throw in The Great Gatsby. It took me a while to finish the book, but once I finally did I had to watch the movie. I found some of it a little cheesy but for the most part I really enjoyed it!
BOOKS:
I haven't found any superb reads this year, but I am in the middle of a great book, Allegiant. I mentioned this in my December favorites if you'd like to hear more. Basically it's another dystopian novel from the Divergent series.
I remember I also read another dystopian-type book at the beginning of the year called This world we live in by Susan Beth Pfeffer. I really enjoyed that one too!
MUSIC
My music taste changes constantly and my favorite songs come and go, but one song that I really remember enjoying in Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood.
 NAIL POLISH
The nail polish I got the most use of over the year, was probably Essie's In the Cab-ana!
It's a very versatile bright blue that goes with lot's and is just a super fun color!
PERFUME
My favorite perfume of the year has to go to Pink Sugar. I got if for Christmas in 2012 and have been using it ever since! 
BEAUTY & HAIR
I'm just going to write a quick list, as I've talked about most of these products in previous posts.
  • Maybelline Fit Me stick foundation
  • NYX Mega Shine lip gloss
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo Barely Branded
  • Elf neutral palettes
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara
  • MAC Select Sheer Pressed powder
  • Essence I love Punk Jumbo eyeliner pen 
  • John Freida Frizz Ease finishing cream
  •  Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan oil treatment
Sorry for the lack a photos in this post, I just wanted a super simple basic post.
I don't have a ton of "yearly favorites" but I hope you enjoyed!
2013 was a pretty good ever for me, and I hope 2014 is even better! I'm so happy to be starting a new year, and I can't wait for all that's to come!
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment