Saturday, January 18, 2014

NYX Matte Lip Cream Review! (Give a Little Love 3 Piece Set)

Hey there!
NYX is one of my favorite makeup brands, and I'm constantly buying more products. A few weeks ago, I found this trio of matte lip creams at Target! It was the last one of the shelf and the price was unmarked. I've had my eye on it since before Christmas, but I was holding out for it to go on sale from $15. When I priced checked it, it was only $7.50! I was super happy and I've been trying them out for a while now.
Antwerp: Orange coral
Addis Ababa: Bright Fushia
Tokyo: Pale creamy pink
Above: With Flash
Below: No Flash
Left to right: Antwerp, Addis Ababa, Tokyo
It's a bit smaller than an average lip gloss tube. It has a matte black top which is a nice touch, and an opaque bottle showing the color of the product.
The NYX site says: "Neither lipstick nor lip gloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte lipstick formulas, also moisturizing."
These retail for around $6-10 depending on where you go.
I have mixed opinions on them. The color payoff is great! It's 100% opaque and matte. they glide on smoothly and are really easy to apply.
I don't like the fact that they are a bit drying after about 5 minutes and they settle into the lines of my lips. They also transfer very easily. These are pretty long-wearing, which is great if that's what you're lookis for but these jsut weren't for me.
I'll continue to use them, but I don't think I'll buy anymore.
Hope this helps! BYE =)

No comments:

Post a Comment